If you are involved in a probate proceeding, you should consult with an experienced probate attorney. The right probate lawyers can inform you of your rights as well as preserve any possible legal remedies you may have. Probate is a court mandated legal process that attempts to distribute the estate of someone who dies. The goal of the probate process is to:
- Verify the validity of the deceased's will
- Identify and inventory the deceased person's property
- Have property appraised
- Pay the deceased's remaining debts and taxes
- Distribute the deceased's property
- Initiation of Probate Proceedings
The executor of the deceased's will usually initiates probate proceedings. If there is no will, or no executor is named, the probate court will select an administrator to act as the executor of the will. The administrator is usually the deceased's closest relative or the person that stands to inherit the most.
To discuss your Probate related matter, please contact Pindoria law. We will be delighted to assist you.